Creating the industry’s gold standard.
LightLab Imaging, Inc. pioneered the development of Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT), a high-resolution imaging modality that applies advanced photonics to medical imaging applications. Their latest product was about to take image resolution to a whole new level.
- LightLab needed to create awareness of the company, its new C7 product, and its next-generation FD technology, which was a vast improvement over the existing OCT technology.
- LightLab was in a race with a large competitor to get FD technology to market. Even though it evolved from OCT technology, the competitor was successfully positioning OCT as outdated, putting LightLab in a difficult position since it had positioned itself as the experts in OCT technology.
- LightLab needed to find a way to take advantage of its leadership position and frame the discussion to its benefit.
- Focus on LightLab’s clearly superior imaging capabilities, since cardiologists care more about image quality than the underlying technology
- Develop a look and language that positioned LightLab as the leader in this new category
The story behind the work
Interventional cardiologists working in Cath Labs in U.S., Europe and Asia.
- Cardiologists care about the end results — not the technology
- LightLab offers extremely high resolution intravascular imagery compared to the competition
- LightLab’s current positioning is hinged on a technology, and technologies can become obsolete
- Reposition the company as a technology innovator
- Execute a “shared brand” strategy (build brand value into the company and the product)