Taking the brand to a new dimension.
Z Corporation (since acquired by 3D Systems) produces 3D printers, scanners and software used in a wide variety of markets to generate new concepts, communicate more clearly, foster more effective collaboration, improve quality, and reduce errors. ZPrinters can print in color and in great detail, and are among the fastest and easiest to use in the 3D printing industry.
- Starting with a few existing brand elements (logo, fonts, the color orange), the brand design needed to evolve to more accurately project Z Corporation’s capabilities and innovation.
- For those unfamiliar with 3D printing, we needed to explain what it is and its potential. For those with some awareness of 3D printing, we needed to show that unlike other 3D printers, ZPrinters were fast, easy to use, and could function in an office environment. For both groups, we needed to show the unlimited potential 3D printers have as a concept and development tool.
- Use orange as the dominant color to suggest the creative potential of the products, and to separate Z Corp from its competitors, who tend to have more conservative, industrial-looking brands
- Use silhouettes of printed parts to emphasize the printers’ detail and color capabilities
- Introduce angled shapes to serve as a stage for 3D printed parts and reinforce dimensionality
The story behind the work
For those unfamiliar with 3D printing and scanning, we needed to visually depict in a very simple way what the product did and how it worked.